Join The Canadian International Military Tattoo for Our 22nd Annual Tattoo!
Saturday, June 8, 2013, 7:30 p.m. • Sunday, June 9, 2013, 2:30 p.m.
Connecting Canadians to Their Military Through Music
The Canadian International Military Tattoo is an annual event celebrating Canada's rich cultural heritage of “Connecting Canadians to Their Military through Music.” The Tattoo performances, based on an ancient military tradition of stirring music, dancing, pipes & drums and military displays are each 2-1/2 hours long and feature a vast array of international military and civilian acts. Celebrating the music and pageantry of Canada’s military tradition with the mass marching bands, pipes and drums, the Canadian International Military Tattoo is the most exciting military tattoo show west of Halifax. With over 450 of the world's finest military and civilian performers, no other community in Ontario mounts such a signature event. The Tattoo provides a unique opportunity for our local military units to showcase their talents and history. It enhances the connection between the units and the broader community; it honours the virtues and pride of military service in general and the sacrifice of Canadians who have fallen in Canada’s wars. VIEW or DOWNLOAD PDF flyer.
|LATEST NEWS||2013 PERFORMERS||TICKET INFORMATION||2013 SPONSORS|
2013 TATTOO THEMES
- Dedicated to memory of Colonel The Honourable Lincoln Alexander, PC, CC, CD, QC who has served as Honourary Patron of the Tattoo since its inception in 1992
- "IT HAPPENED HERE, IT'S HAPPENING HERE" theme featuring a commemoration of the Bicentennial of the Battle of Stoney Creek
- Commemorating the 60th Anniversary of the signing of the Armistice to end the Korean War
- Commemorating the 70th Anniversary of Operation Husky - the Invasion of Sicily which was the start of the Allies assault on German occupied Europe
- 22nd Anniversary of the Tattoo in 2013
- Volunteer-run, not-for-profit organization
- The Tattoo showcases international, national and local performers, both military and civilian, including pipes and drums, military and brass bands, dancers, and military drill teams and demonstrations
- The Tattoo honours the virtues of military service and the sacrifice of those who fell in Canada’s wars, and seeks to preserve our nation’s military traditions by “Connecting Canadians with their military through music”
- Draws visitors and performers world-wide, but especially Ontario, Quebec and the United States
- The Tattoo has won numerous local, provincial and national awards and distinctions as one of the premier festivals and events in Hamilton
- Special school children educational performance at Copps on Friday, June 7th
- 2013 Roster of Performers
Re-enactment 2012 photo courtesy Hamilton Community News
|TATTOO LUNCHEON TICKETS|
Join us June 9, 2013 for lunch at the
|GET LUNCH TICKETS|
TIME TILL THE TATTOO 2013 SHOWS:
(Header montage photos by Mark Newman.) All Rights Reserved.